Monday, February 15, 2010

The Child In Us All....






Dallas was blanketed in 10 - 12 inches of snow (depending on who is counting) last week. I was in Miami all week for a National Sales Meeting and managed Ts anxiety from afar over School letting out early and School Closings, not to mention getting 2 kids out the door every morning by himself by 7:30. Fortunately, the new job allows him to work from home in these situations. But for a "new at this 9-5 thing" Dad, by the time I walked in the door on Friday night he was frazzled and bewildered. There is a system & a schedule when working from home with kids. Wear 'em out early, long naps and carefully orchestrated t.v. and craft time. T has been with Davita Rx as an IT support analyst for 3 weeks and I have already been out of town 2 out of the 3. Whew! We have relished him being home and have begun to settle in to a routine family life.

3 comments:

  1. So happy for you all..."a routine family life"! Can you believe it? And all the snow?? Don't think Lynchburg will be without snow until June! Your snowman is
    simply adorable...makes you all remember your W.Va. roots??? Much love...us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom is no longer making music on the road?!WOW!!!The best of luck with your new job,Tom!I hope you all enjoyed the snow. We didn't get anything compared to you all.Love to the kiddos:) Jacquee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! Wish I could have played in the snow with you!!!!!!! JP

    ReplyDelete