Monday, October 19, 2009

Home Sweet Home...Bitter Sweet.




4407 Forest Bend Rd. is starting to look like home. T has been working tirelessly with Alberto Ramirez & Co. to get the house looking great with updates to the landscaping, new doors, cedar shutters, interior painting and wainscoting. (Click on the pic to enlarge). Next, comes the decorating. Our local Pottery Barn has interior design services and seems like a good option for a busy Mom of 2.
On a different note, I learned today that I still have a job with the "new" Pfizer, post Wyeth aquisition - the 4th Downsizing I have squeeked thru & 2nd in nine months. Bitter sweet, knowing not everyone will be so lucky & after learning last week of the sudden & traggic death of a former manager and mentor of 9 years: RIP Bob Amitrano...We will miss your passion and zeal for life, and how you measured everything by a win or a loss. I didn't agree with every thing you did or said & told you so. But once I moved to the "inner circle", I witnessed how you gave every ounce of yourself to develop those you believed in. Pfizer lost a soldier & a leader and I lost someone who I knew believed in me, challenged me to dig deeper, to develop a strategy & execute on it - "Failure is not an option," you'd say. And most importantly, someone who would go to the wall for you. And you did time & time again.. May you find the peace that eluded you on this earth. I will miss you, my friend.
These times test your emotional fortitude - your human side - and make you numb. Because, when you walk thru that door, somewhere down deep, you know you have to leave it there - check it at the door... and be someone's Mommy, someone's wife, and a friend. I could do better at that....

2 comments:

  1. The house is looking fabulous! I had no doubt you would survive the merger/downsizing. Pfizer knows they hired the best when they hired you. Sorry for the loss of your mentor. I will call soon! Love to all. Jacquee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom so glad to see great pics of your family. Glad you made it to Texas. Have to catch up some time, your family is beautiful.
    Cousin Christy (I'm on facebook)

    ReplyDelete